LIFE LOSSES CHECKLIST
Abuse (of any kind)
Alcoholic loved one
Crime against you
Death of a dream
Death of a loved one
Disability (any kind)
Disability of a loved one
Discrimination or prejudice
Divorce or Separation
End of a friendship
End of a career
Failed suicide attempt of a loved one
Illness with a stigma
Long term illness of a loved one
Loss of a body part
Loss of faith in God
Loss of home
Loss of irreplaceable possessions
Missing a loved one
Murder of a loved one
Phobias that restrict you
Physical limitations due to age
Serious financial problems
Suicide of a loved one
Terminal illness of a loved one
Terminal illness of yourself
Questions to Think About
- What losses in life have I not grieved?
- How will each loss affect me in the future?
- What will I miss the most?
- What anger do I have, if any?
- What regrets do I have, if any?
- Are my regrets realistic?
- What resentment am I holding on to?
- Who do I need to forgive?
- Who am I sharing my grief with?
- Who am I looking to for support?
- What am I afraid of feeling?
- What decisions should I delay while grieving
- Am I lamenting to God?
- Am I letting God comfort me?
- What am I learning from my grief?
- Who could I help go thru what I’ve been through?