Dear Saddleback Family,
In last weekend’s message, “How to Recognize God’s Voice,” Pastor Rick talked about seven ways you can test an impression to know with absolute certainty you are hearing God’s voice. As you go through your week, use the Message Action Plan below to help put the things you’ve learned into practice.
If you missed last weekend’s message, click here to watch it online.
Act on this week’s message by doing one or both of these:
- Use the 7 ways to test an impression with a decision you are facing.
- Teach these 7 ways to test an impression to someone you know who is facing a decision.
- Does it agree with the Bible?
Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
Luke 21:33 (NIV)
- Does it make me more like Christ?
In your lives you must think and act like Christ Jesus.
Philippians 2:5 (NCV)
- Does my church family confirm it?
In the multitude of counselors there is safety.
Proverbs 11:14b (KJV)
- Is it consistent with how God shaped me?
God has given each of us the ability to do certain things well.
Romans 12:6a (LB)
- Does it concern my responsibility?
Jesus: “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.”
John 21:22 (NIV)
- Is it convicting rather than condemning?
There is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.
Romans 8:1 (NLT)
- Do I sense God’s peace about it?
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then, you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6–7 (NLT)
Click here to continue receiving Saddleback’s weekly Message Action Plan.