Dear Saddleback Family,
In last weekend's message, "Learning My True Identity in Christ," Pastor Rick looked at the five fingerprints of your true identity in 1 Peter 2. As you go through your week, use the Message Action Plan below to help put the things you've learned into practice.
If you missed last weekend's message, click here to watch it online.
First, take a few moments to remind yourself of the truths we looked at together this weekend:
GOD'S VIEW OF ME: IN CHRIST . . .
- I am completely accepted!
You have been CHOSEN by God himself!
1 Peter 2:9a (TLB)
- I am extremely valuable!
You are a HOLY nation, a people BELONGING to God!
1 Peter 2:9
- I am eternally loved!
Once you were not a people, but now you are God's people.
1 Peter 2:10 (AMP)
- I am totally forgiven!
At one time you did not know God's mercy, but now you have received his mercy.
1 Peter 2:10b (GNT)
- I am fully capable!
You are royal priests . . . chosen to tell about the wonderful acts of God, who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
1 Peter 2:9 (NCV)
Second, read through these verses and think about how God's view of you is going to impact the way that you relate to others this week. How should my identity affect how I act?
- Therefore, accept each other just as Christ has accepted you so that God will be given glory.
Romans 15:7 (NLT)
- Respect everyone, and love the family of believers. Fear God, and respect the king.
1 Peter 2:17 (NLT)
- Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.
Colossians 3:12 (NLT)
- Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.
Ephesians 4:32 (NLT)
- So we can say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?
Hebrews 13:6 (NLT)