Dear Saddleback Family,
In last weekend’s message, Pastor Rick taught how to see with eyes of faith instead of eyes of fear. As you go through your week, use the Message Action Plan below to help put the things you’ve learned into practice.
If you missed this message, click here to watch it online.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU HAVE FAITH
Daring Faith: Key To Miracles - Part 1
Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
Hebrews 11:6 (NIV)
- Ask yourself where you are facing these results of seeing with eyes of fear?
(Numbers 13 & 14 — Spying out the Promised Land)
• We exaggerate our difficulties.
It’s a magnificent land BUT the people living there are powerful, and their cities are fortified and large! What's more, we saw Anakim giants there!
• We underestimate our abilities.
We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them.
• We get discouraged. Then all the people began weeping aloud, and they carried on all night!
• We start to gripe about our lives. All the Israelites grumbled against Moses and Aaron .... ”We wish we had died in Egypt!” they wailed, “or even here in the wilderness!”
• We eventually give up and blame God! “Why is the Lord bringing us to this land to be killed with swords? ... We’d be better off going back to Egypt!”
- Ask God right now to do these things as you see with eyes of faith.
• Shrink My Problems
For nothing is impossible with God! Luke 1:37
• Open the Door for a Miracle
Jesus said "Have faith in God! If you have faith in God and you don't doubt, you could tell this mountain to get up and jump into the sea, and it would. Whatever you ask for in prayer will be yours, IF you only have the faith.”
• Act on My Behalf
Jesus said, “According to your faith will it be done to you.”
• Unlock God’s Promises
For no matter how many promises God has made, they are all "Yes" in Christ!
2 Corinthians 1:20
• Turn God-Given Dreams into Reality
Glory be to God, who by his mighty power at work within us, is able to do FAR MORE than we would ever DARE TO ASK or even DREAM of -infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes!
Ephesians 3:20 (LB)
• Give Me Power to Hold on in Tough Times
We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we’re not crushed and broken. We’re perplexed, but we don't give up and quit. We’re attacked but God never abandons us. We get knocked down, but we get up and keep going!
2 Corinthians 4:8-9 (NLT)
- Commit right now to do these five things to build your faith over these next 10 weeks of the DARING FAITH CAMPAIGN.
• Watch & Discuss the 6 Video Studies in a Small Group.
• Read the Daily Inspirations in your workbook.
• Listen to all 10 Weekend Messages of the campaign.
• Carry the weekly Bible verse with you.
• Set 3 faith goals for growing, giving, and going.