Dear Saddleback Family,
Use the Message Action Plan below to help put the things you learned this weekend into practice. If you missed last weekend's message, click here to watch it online.
THE REAL BENEFITS OF KNOWING CHRIST! (11-12 July 2015)
"Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all you diseases, Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, Who satisfies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's." Psalm 103:1-5 (NKJV)
- WE CAN BELIEVE THE BEST WHEN WE SEE THE WORST!
- Pray a prayer of trust that even when things seem out of control, God will use it all for our good and His glory!
"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them." Romans 8:28 (NLT)
- WE CAN DISCOVER OUR TRUE IDENTITY WHEN WE'VE LOST OUR SENSE OF DESTINY!
- Pray a prayer of trust that you look to Christ as the real source of your identity.
"And the evil spirit answered and said,'Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are you?' Then the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, overpowered them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded." Acts 19:15-16 (NKJV)
- WE CAN FORGIVE OURSELVES WHEN WE HAVE FAILED GOD AND OTHERS!
- Pray a prayer of trust in the forgiveness of Christ.
"If anyone sins, we have Jesus Christ to help us. He always did what was right, so He is able to defend us before God the Father." John 8:10-11 (ERV)
- WE CAN WALK BY FAITH WHEN WE'RE TEMPTED TO WALK IN FEAR!
- Pray a prayer of trust that God will give you the strength to walk in faith as you face a fear.
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7 (NKJV)
Besides remembering these benefits, here are three things you can do this week to begin experiencing them in your day-to-day life:
- SPEAK TO YOUR FUTURE!
- Think about what kind of future God wants to bring to your life.
- SPEAK TO YOUR FAMILY!
- SPEAK TO THOSE DESPERATE TO BE FOUND!
- Prepare a personal testimony that you could share with people you know who don't know Jesus so when the time is right you'll have it ready to share
- Remind yourself every day to speak uplifting words of love and encouragement to your loved ones.