Dear Saddleback Family,
Use the Message Action Plan below to help put the things you learned this weekend into practice.
Celebrating 25 Years of Faithful Service
"Give honor to whom honor is due." Romans 13:7 (NIV)
"The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor, especially those whose work is preaching and teaching." 1 Timothy 5:17 (NIV)
This weekend, Rick and Kay Warren recognized the dedication of Tom and Chaundel Holladay and Steve and Connie Rutenbar for 25 years of ministry at Saddleback. Through their example, we were shown the type of leadership that builds a successful ministry. Here are some lessons they have learned from their ministry that can be helpful in our daily lives.
- Make God's will more important than our own opinions, feelings, and plans.
- God has better ideas than we do.
- At Saddleback, every member is a minister.
- God may be calling you to something new in 2016.
- God equips each of us with a shape for service.
- Methods may change, but the Gospel message must never change.
- We are a family, and we are better together than doing it by ourselves.
- Leave a mark by serving out of love.
Pray that God will show you where he is calling you this year. Perhaps it is a new job, a new relationship, or a new ministry. Is there something God has been calling you to do that you have been resisting? Be willing to say yes to God.
Take Foundations, written by Tom Holladay and Kay Warren. Visit saddleback.com/foundations for info on all of the campuses offering Foundations starting this January.
Pray a prayer of thanksgiving for your church's leadership. Ask God to lift them up as they continue to work for his glory.
Think of a fellow Christian who has been a leader in your life and pray a prayer of thanksgiving to God for placing them in your life. If possible, drop them a thank you note this week to honor their influence in your life.