Apologetics in the Twenty-First Century
Dr. Ravi Zacharias
November 5-6, 2016
"But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." 1 Peter 3:15-16 (NIV)
Apologetics is the discipline that gives clear, truthful answers to questions about the Christian faith.
Some Action Plan suggestions for the week:
- Share this weekend's message with somebody that you know has questions about Christianity. Go to saddleback.com/watch
- One way to get God's Word into your life every day is to listen to Drivetime Devotions taught by Pastor Tom Holladay. Go to drivetimedevotions.com or search "Drivetime Devotions" on iTunes.
- Post a 3"x5" card by your mirror or on your desk with the words, "Think vertically today! Ask for wisdom!"
- Read a book on Apologetics – one by Dr. Ravi Zacharias or another author. Make it a goal to read at least one apologetics book a year to keep yourself sharp.
- Your first defense of the faith is your own story. Write out and memorize a simple one or two paragraph statement of how you came to know Jesus, and what it has meant to have Christ in your life.
- Has your faith been challenged by someone recently? Pray about the situation, then try talking with the person again. Remember you are answering a questioner, not just a question.